Friday, May 7, 2010

Saying Goodbye, Looking Back and Moving Forward

Life's transitions are always different and can be difficult. I'm in the middle of a transition currently. I'm finishing up my last couple of months here at Collegiate United Methodist Church and Wesley Foundation. Even though I still have a couple of months left here finals are finishing at ISU so I am finding myself saying goodbye to some of my students.

If I'm honest about it is not easy saying goodbye to this wonderful group of students I have worked with over the last two year. They have brought a lot of joy into my life. There are not words that could possibly express how great being a part of this faith community has been and how blessed I have been to be able to serve them. The things I have gained from them will last a life time. So I have to say I'm sad today as I say goodbye to some of them. I am lucky that I will get to work with some of them over the summer. But in the end it is a good thing that I am sad because that means that this experience has meant a lot to me.

I am excited about going to seminary and am very much looking forward to that experience but I will miss all the great thing I have been a part of here over the past two years. And I think it is as important to mourn the loss of the amazing experience. There will be a lot of time to be excited for all the wonderful things I will discover in the Bay Area but today is for looking back at how blessed I have been, to thank those students I have been so lucky to share my time with, to say goodbye to some of them and to recognize the sadness even as I am excited for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment