Thursday, January 20, 2011

Letter to My Body

To my body,

I know it has been a long while since we have really talked, truthfully far too long. I don't even know when and how we lost touch, it was so long ago. Admittedly you have kept trying to reestablish contact and I just outright ignored your pleas. I let others tell me that you were not good enough, that there was essentially something wrong with you. That was never the truth. But because I believed that lie I abused you. I can't say how sorry I am for the damage I have done. I really should never has lived as if you didn't matter. As you know I have been trying to take better care of you and when I saw you in passing in the mirror the other day I was happy to see you looking well. Truth is though I've still been treating you like nothing but an empty shell. You are much more than that. You are God's own creation, I'm sorry that I forgot that. I'm sorry and ashamed of what i have done to you. I worry that some of the damage can never be undone. I truly wish I could say I love you.. but I'm truthfully not there yet. But there are more days I can honestly say I like you and that is something at least. I promise to treat you right... or at least try to ( I know myself and my bad habits). I've missed you thanks for not totally abandoning me like I have deserved.

With hopes of better days to come.
Chris

1 comment:

  1. Well said and beautifully written. In reading this, I addressed it to my own body... for it speaks to me also. I hope my mental plagarism is not an insult to you. Proud of you always - DAD

    ReplyDelete