Friday, September 3, 2010

A New Step On the Journey


This morning I took time to walk into the Holbrook building here at PSR and spend time with the pictures of all those who had gone before me. I felt a oneness with these people as if they share my hopes, my dreams and even many of my fears. I was connected for just a moment with those who have paved the way.

Orientation has been an experience and I leaves me with much hope for my time here. I have felt one of my favorite feelings this week and that is knowing I am going to grow, learn, and that I still have a lot to know. I am excited to embrace the not knowing, there is no greater killer of authentic spirituality than certainty.

I am in awe of my classmates they all bring so much to this community. We come from different backgrounds with different traditions and beliefs but yet there is a sense that we have all truly joined in the walk together. For many of my fellow students it has taken much more courage than it has taken me to come to this place, to take this walk at this time. I admire those around, I am honored to be counted among them. I know they will teach me much on this journey.

God lead me on, let me take a new step in this journey. I am ready, excited for the challenge, wanting the messiness, yearning for growth. Calm my fears and help me be open and present to the discomfort. Be with us all as we continue our journeys.

1 comment:

  1. Chris, I enjoy reading your blog because your posts often sound like prayers. It is refreshing. Keep them coming! I'm so excited for you in this next step in your journey, and look forward to where it will take you.

    ReplyDelete